Prep time – 20 mins
Cook time – 4 hours
Total time – 4 hours 20 mins
The best loaded baked potato soup that is made right in your slow cooker.
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes (about 3-4 large russet potatoes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ cup heavy cream (half and half will also work)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- green onions
- Add potatoes, diced onions and chicken broth to your slow cooker. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 3-4 until potatoes are tender.
- About 30 minutes before it is done. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in flour and cook until bubbly. Slowly add heavy cream, sour cream. The mixture should be thick. Add this to the soup and stir. Continue to cook in slow cooker for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings, or you can also stir them all into the soup. Enjoy!