Megan and Anthony have been providers with FRN since March 2015. Megan and Anthony have been married for 8 years. The couple would love an opportunity to foster care or adopt a boy or girl or even a sibling group, with the hope of possibly adopting and building their family. The Brands are experienced parents who have worked through challenges of their own with their daughter, 5 year old Hailey who was born with several health issues.
Anthony is currently an auto mechanic at Midas. Megan is currently in school to become a CNA. Anthony and Megan state they enjoy cooking with each other, dirt bike riding, shooting, video games, walking the dogs, going to the park and watching movies (Disney and Marvel comic movies).
Megan and Anthony have been nothing but committed to the children that have been place in their home. They are very valuable members of FRN and we love the difference they are making to children in need.
“It’s not about the money, house, or cars, it’s about the difference I have made in a child’s life.” ~Megan Brand
“You’ll be glad you made this recipe for pumpkin muffins with a cream cheese filling and a streusel topping.”
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 18 muffin cups, or use paper liners.
- To make the filling: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar. Beat until smooth, and then set aside.
- For the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Add butter and cut it in with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- For the muffin batter: In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add eggs, pumpkin, olive oil and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
- Place pumpkin mixture in muffin cups about 1/2 full. Then add one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the batter. Try to keep cream cheese from touching the paper cup. Sprinkle on the streusel topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (195 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Join us for a night of fun as we honor our foster families!
When: Saturday, September 6 @ 6:05 pm
SKY SOX vs. New Orleans Zephyrs
Where: Security Service Field, 4385 Tutt Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Tickets: $8 per person
*Free hot dog and drink for all FRN foster kids*
Security Service Credit Union will be giving away at least 9 used cars and 9 $100 bills! All you have to do is sign up at the front gate of Security Service Field.
Tickets are discounted and must be purchased through Family Resource Network
Contact Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.227.7477 x. 10 for more information or to purchase tickets!
Family Resource Network and Kaleidoscope Counseling will be holding a Nurturing Parenting Facilitator Training session on September 2-4, 2015.
Please click here to email us and RSVP for this event.
Jessica and Mark are very new providers with Family Resource Network, however they have provided care through another agency in the past. They became interested in providing care in hopes of adopting, but at this point are most interested in providing respite care.
Jessica works in the school system as a classroom aid and Mark is a realtor. They are very dedicated, loving and caring individuals who really seem to enjoy caring for children. They have no children of their own and have an immense amount of love to share with others. Jessica and Mark truly understand the difficulties in providing foster care and the challenges that many foster parents face; they would like to slowly work their way back to having children in their home full time.
Mark and Jessica have a good support system built of family and friends, but have shown interest in networking with other foster parents as well. Jessica and Mark, you are truly the exception and very valued new members of our great team! Keep up the great work!!!! Your hard work and dedication have not gone unnoticed and we look forward to you assisting us with many more children to come.
Prep Time: 15 min Total time: 1 hr 5 min Makes: 6 servings, one slice each
- 1 lb. frozen bread or pizza dough, thawed
- 1 pkg. (9 oz) OSCAR MAYER Shaved Smoked Ham
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly with hands, then roll into 12 x 8-in. rectangle with rolling pin. (If dough is difficult to roll, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 min. before rolling out.)
TOP dough evenly with ham, overlapping slices slightly and leaving a 1/2-in. border around all sides.
MIX, cheddar cheese and dressing; spread evenly over ham.
MOISTEN, edges of dough with water. Starting at one of the long sides of dough, fold 1/3 of the dough over the filling, then repeat with other long side of dough. Firmly pinch ends of dough together to seal. Place, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet.
CUT, 3 diagonal slits in top of dough with kitchen scissors. Brush evenly with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. before cutting into 6 slices to serve (Adult-assisted). Makes 6 servings, 1 slice each.
Photo & Recipes courtesy of www.kraftfoods.com®
If you have recipes that you would like to submit, please email them to us.