Family Resource Network offers state approved core-training in accordance with rules and regulations (7.500.311B). This training includes an overview of all agency policies, and guidelines. Core typically consists of a minimum of 12 hours highlighting the following:
- General overview of foster care
- Administrative and legal issues
- Why children get placed out of home
- Parenting and family dynamics
- Key concepts of child growth and development
- The importance of a team approach
- Individual differences such as ethnicity and culture
- Affects of fostering on the foster family
- Working with the biological family
In addition to this core training each foster parent must be certified in First Aid and CPR and complete 20 hours of ongoing training each year. Family Resource Network takes pride in offering multiple training to benefit our foster parents.
If you are interested in attending this class through Family Resource Network please email us for more information.